Learn how to make your own dough and get creative with toppings of your choice.
- 200g plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 7g packet of dried yeast
- Preheat the oven to 220°C / gas mark 7.
- Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl.
- Add the oil and yeast and knead to soft, elastic dough. (This should take about 8 minutes by hand)
- Cover and leave to rise in a warm place for 30-90 minutes, until it has doubled in size.
- When required, roll out the dough on a floured board and knead lightly.
- Roll out to 25-30 cm circle, about 5 mm thick. Turning the dough as it is rolled to prevent shrinking.
- Make an edge to the pizza by using your fingertips.
- Assemble the topping as required (see ideas below)
- Cook for 15 – 20 minutes.
A few ideas for pizza toppings
- Sliced tomatoes
- Finely chopped onion
- Grated cheese
- Sliced mushrooms
- Sliced peppers
- Pre-cooked ham