This is a good recipe for using all those eggs collected during farm jobs!
For 12 children you will need:
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 onions, sliced
- 250g sweetcorn, drained
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, boiled, and cut into bite-size pieces
- 50g frozen peas
- 50g chorizo or garlic sausage, finely chopped
- 16 medium sized eggs
- 4 tbsp water
- 40g butter
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the garlic and onions and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes until softened but not browned.
- Mix the sweetcorn, potatoes, peas and sausage together in a bowl. Add the onions and garlic.
- In the other bowl, beat the eggs together with the water and add the salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the vegetable and sausage mixture until it is coated with the egg.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan – it’s probably best to use 2 large frying pans for this quantity. When it’s sizzling, pour in the omelette mixture and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until set, drawing the cooked edges towards the centre with a spatula or wooden spoon during the first minute.
- Cut into thick slices and turn out onto serving plates. Serve immediately.